Skip to main content

Do I or Do I


Do I have the attention span of a gnat?  Or the roving curiosity of an international explorer? Or something in between, based on the day of the week or the time of day? Case in point. I started reading John Steinbeck's: Travels With Charley.

This is what happened:  

A few pages in, he refers to Sag Harbor. So I jump on Google maps and discover it's a community on Long Island; part of the Hampton's. Now I am aware that the Hampton's are an expensive place to live (maybe not so in the early sixties when the book was written). So now I check real estate listings for Sag Harbor, dreaming of living next to the beach in that Long Island community. But now I'm thinking "Isn't there a Long Island in the Bahamas?" And that reminds me of my bucket list: my long term desire to vacation on St. Lucia. So I check out accommodations on that island. 

Now my Kindle has gone to sleep. And it's time for lunch. Back to Steinbeck and Charley later. 


Comments

  1. That's on our bucket list too! Love that you are doing this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Yorkers pronounce it Lawn Gyland...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment